The need for drug screening of employees can’t be overstated. Drug abuse costs employers over $140 billion annually, according to the U.S. Department of Justice. Poor work quality, high rates of absenteeism, lowered productivity, needless risk taking, disregard for safety, and careless mistakes are just a few of the reasons. At Employment Screening Services, we can offer you a variety of comprehensive drug screening solutions. Choose from 5- to 10-panel drug screens, each of which is customizable to fit your specific needs. We have over 10,000 collection facilities nationwide and our partners are leaders in the drug screening industry, reporting results in just 24 hours. A Medical Review Officer reviews and corroborates all positive results to ensure your organization is fully protected. WNY Drug testing reports are provided in an easy-to-read format and accessible online 24/7.
What has you wondering about the importance of WNY drug testing?
Is it any of the following:
- Drug abuse costs American industry over $140 billion annually. (U.S. Department of Justice)
- Employee drug abuse causes as much as 50% of all on-the-job accidents and up to 40% of employee theft.
- Drug abusing employees are absent ten times more frequently than non-users.
- The turnover rate for drug-abusing employees is 40% higher than clean employees.
- 15% of manufacturing personnel, from CEO to line workers, admitted to using illicit drugs in the past year. (U.S. Department of Health and Human Services)
- Over 90% of employees are in favor of WNY drug testing. (Gallup poll)
These rather shocking statistics do not include alcohol, but rather illegal drugs, such as heroin, cocaine, methamphetamine, ecstasy, and non-medical use of prescription drugs. At ESS, we offer a variety of drug tests ranging from $30 to $50 depending on the number of panels tested and/or the choice of hair sample testing.
With 10% of employed Americans between the ages of 18 and 49 admitting to illicit drug use, clearly drug abuse in the workforce is an issue that has remained persistent and present in American companies. Due to the high incidence rates, more manufacturing firms are incorporating the use of random drug testing. We think it is pivotal in the success of a company to recognize the importance of drug testing. Effective and random drug testing, in combination with education and employee assistance programs, grants a solution for workplace drug problems.
Let us help you maintain a drug-free workplace. For additional information or to schedule an appointment, call 1-800-345-7715.
- Gallup poll
- U.S. Department of Justice
- American Drug Testing
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services